The room of wonders
The “Room of wonders” is dedicated to the shipyard’s production, demonstrating its ecletic character and High quality standards. It contains large-scale cruise ship models, vintage pictures and two multimedia stations for further insights.
P/A Giuseppe Garibaldi
Originally a cruiser, she became the first aircraft carrier cruiser in the Italian Navy after the adoption of the naval aviation law.
M/N Ruby Princess
Last cruise ship built in Monfalcone for Princess Cruises, based on the winning “Grand Princess” prototype.
M/N Carnival Dream
An evolution of the “Destiny” platform, she was the first Fincantieri cruise ship to exceed three hundred metres in overall length.
M/N Queen Elizabeth
She was the first ship built in Monfalcone for the Cunard brand, a British company established in the 19th century and now under the Carnival Corporation.
She is the largest ship ever built in the Monfalcone shipyard so far. She will be surpassed in 2017 by the new ships under construction.
- Room 1 Entrance
- Room 2 The shipyard, the Panzano district and Monfalcone
- Room 3 Cosulichs company history
- Room 4 The sensory tunnel
- Room 5 The crane simulator
- Room 6 Work in the shipyard – safety yesterday and today
- Room 7 The room of characters
- Room 8 Ship design and furnishings
- Room 9 The room of wonders
- Room 10 Marco Polo’s Milione tapestry, by Zoran Mušič
- Room 11 Adriatic sharks
- Room 12 Memorial for asbestos victims
- Room 13 The paintings of the Panzano Theatre
- Room 14 Multimedia reconstruction of the Panzano Theatre
- Room 15 Conference room and temporary exhibitions